Thursday, August 14, 2008

Something fun and something funny....

First of all, this is really fun. Yup, that's our "swirly girly" stamp in the Work in Progress September kit. :) I think it's totally fun to see one of our stamps in there!

AND, I have a funny story...he he he, it's funny to me at least. I had totally forgotten about this story until this afternoon when I was leaving Walmart and saw a guy that looked like a guy I used to know. This guy was the older brother of my friends and next door neighbors, Mark and Angie. He he he...he was a senior in high school when I was in jr, high...so I'm guessing he's about 5 years older than I am...I don't even remember his name. Well, when I worked as a cashier at the hardware store when I was...what? I think 20 years old or so, guys would hit on me, heh. Well, one day when I was working this guy asked me for my phone number, he he he, and I didn't want to say "no" so I gave it to him.

I swear to you, I spent the next week on the internet... this was back when we had dial-up...I was on the internet CONSTANTLY for DAYS he he he, just cause I didn't want this guy to call. Hahaha, I am such a nerd. Well...a couple of weeks later he was at the hardware store again and told me he had lost my number and asked if I would give it to him again! Well, after I had agonized over his phonecall for so long, I just said, "No, I don't think so." He he he he, I think I'm probably the nerdiest person that ever lived, but oh well, at least I didn't have to go out with him!

End of random memory.
:)

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Jason Luther hit on you?

August 14, 2008 at 5:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

:) I thought maybe his name was Jason! Yup, he hit on me.

August 14, 2008 at 5:40 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Ya, I thought it was Jason too! He asked for your phone number! That's hilarious! As I remember he was cute but a definite loser.

August 14, 2008 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

How cool that your stamp is in that kit!

And very funny random memory; you were quite the hottie hardware girl! Ok, I just had a random memory. I remember that when you worked there, you would write letters on the end of the receipt tape rolls.

August 14, 2008 at 10:57 PM  
Blogger lanes said...

Oh my, that Boston cream pie flavor sounds tasty beyond all reason!

August 16, 2008 at 1:55 AM  
Blogger MagenRanae said...

JOY!! Congrats on getting your stamp in that kit!! That's awesome!

Also, I totally remember getting letters on register tape! In fact, I still have a lot of register tape in my stationary drawer just waiting for an opportunity to write you snail mail again. :)

August 27, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com