Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday Favorites

Joanne wanted us to share some of our favorite things...today I'm going to share some of my favorite products for stamping....

One thing I could not stamp without is this nifty thing called a stamp press, made by Fiskars. One can be purchased here. I feel like it gives me a lot more control with my stamping than a big old acrylic block does.


I also love these Colorbox cat's eyes chalk inks....they're small, cheap, and available in a multitude of colors!


I also recently heard a lot of great things about the new Autumn Leaves clear stamp inks.....and since 2peas had them on sale 50% off, I bought a bunch, and I LOVE them!


That's it for my favorites today...and here is a layout and a card for your entertainment...
I made this layout with the July Label Tulip kit. I've been wanting the Heather Bailey Freshcut fabric to make a quilt....I still don't have the fabric, but at least I got to "quilt" a little with her Freshcut paper! I loved playing with it!


And here is a card that I made for Jennifer McGuire's "Stamping on Clear" class going on over at 2peas right now. I was amazed at how much better the white ink looks when stamped on a transparency than on paper!

12 Comments:

Blogger Charin Adams said...

I've been looking at that stamp press, it looks neat! (just one more thing for me to want! lol!)

I think that card just may be my favorite of yours...ever! Really, really cute. And Thanksgiving is my favorite :)

August 1, 2008 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger Linda Beeson said...

OK, I can't get enough of the Chalk ink in the Cat's Eye size - I saw that Fiskars thing used and it looked amazing and it was good to read you like the inks for clear stamps. I am hearing good things about them so I might need to find some!!! CUTE projects too.

August 1, 2008 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Those are uber cool!

August 1, 2008 at 2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cats Eyes are my fave too! But I think I need to check out your other recommendations...maybe then I'd stamp more?!?

August 1, 2008 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger whoistracy said...

Ohhh I have been drooling over HB's fabric for ages now. What a great idea to get the paper and play with that instead!

August 1, 2008 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger vtpuggirl said...

I'll have to get some Autumn Leaves ink, I hear great things too. Beautiful projects!

August 1, 2008 at 4:39 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

We so love the same things. Want to be my best friend? Wonderful card and layout

August 1, 2008 at 5:51 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Hansen said...

I love the chalk inks too! And great time about the transparency - I just bought some white Staz-on ink ,I'll have to give it a try!

August 1, 2008 at 7:33 PM  
Blogger liannallama said...

oh--can you explain more about the stamp press?

And what makes the TT ink so special? Is it better? Different? Pretty colors? Do tell!

August 1, 2008 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

Heather Bailey makes some really cute pin cushions!

August 1, 2008 at 10:28 PM  
Blogger ellen s. said...

i have to check out that fiskars press tool and HUGE Heather bailey fan here! just used some of her pps!!!

August 3, 2008 at 10:07 PM  
Blogger MagenRanae said...

Yes, I want to hear more about the stamp press too. I don't get it.

August 4, 2008 at 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com