Monday, August 4, 2008

The worst pain I've ever felt--

I rode in an ambulance last night, and I spent several hours in the ER.

Crazy, huh?

Jason and I were just sitting in the living room watching TV and I got this sudden terrible pain in my abdomen on the right side...all the way from my pelvis up through my ribs. I tried to take a shower to see if it would help it to go away, but it just got worse and I threw up...I never throw up, it was terrible. Jason helped me get dressed and drove me to the nearest urgent care place...which was not open...ugh. By that time I was hurting so bad I thought I would die...or at least pass out, so he drove me back to the apartment and called 911. I threw up again in the parking lot waiting for the ambulance, but they got there and got me situated and took me to the hospital where they put me on an IV and gave me morphine and an anti-nausea medicine and examined me and stuff.

As it turns out, the Doc thinks I had an ovarian cyst that burst. I have to have an ultrasound and stuff, and I'm tired and sore, but that's about the extent of it. So we got home around one o'clock this morning and went to bed. Early this morning it was storming and at about 5:30 the fire alarm in our building was going off....I think the storm set it off, we just waited until it stopped and went back to bed. Crazy. Needless to say, I think we're going to bed early tonight.

20 Comments:

Blogger MagenRanae said...

Ugh, Joyful! What causes that?! I'm so sorry, that seems like a really sucky night. But, maybe you can count riding in an ambulance as a first? :-P

August 4, 2008 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger Charin Adams said...

Oh my gosh, poor Joy!!!!! :(
I hope you're doing better, I'll be praying for you. :)

August 4, 2008 at 7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Joy! :( Feel better!!!

August 4, 2008 at 8:43 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Thanks for checking out my blog, Joy. I'm so sorry to hear about your ordeal. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

August 4, 2008 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger EliseBlaha said...

oh man...that is so scary.
hope you are doing better and are already asleep!

August 4, 2008 at 9:07 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Hansen said...

You poor thing :-( Hope you are feeling better soon!

August 4, 2008 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Anne House said...

Oh no!! Joy, I am so sorry this happened...but so glad God protected you and it is getting better, now!! Praying you will continue to feel better!

August 4, 2008 at 9:31 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! I cannot imagine how scary that must have been for you, it sounded horrible! So when do you have to go in for your ultrasound? Hopefully you're in bed right now getting a good night's sleep. I'll be praying for you!

August 4, 2008 at 9:48 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Well, I already scolded you! So, hope you're doing better now!

August 4, 2008 at 10:19 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

mom is freaking out because she had to here about this from Jeremy and you didn't call to tell her, i thought you might want to know, hope everything gets better!

August 4, 2008 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Jillian can't spell.

August 5, 2008 at 1:36 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Ugh!!! That's horrible. So glad things are somewhat better...I'll be praying for you.

August 5, 2008 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

oh my! hope you feel better soon!

August 5, 2008 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

haha! I caught it too. You wrote here instead of hear. LOL!

August 5, 2008 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger Dawn Hopkins said...

I'll be praying for you. I had that happen once when I was in college so I can totally relate. I hope the ultrasound goes well for you.

August 5, 2008 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

hope you feel better. my friend had this happen and she said it was the worst pain ever. :(

August 5, 2008 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

Wow that sounds like a pretty awful night! Sorry to hear that. I hope you feel much better now.

August 5, 2008 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger aimee said...

gee whiz that is a crazy night! i hope you are feeling better!

August 5, 2008 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Beason said...

Oh my gosh!!!! How scary for you!!!
I'm glad its nothing too serious. Hope you feel better soon.

Jen

August 5, 2008 at 8:24 PM  
Blogger mommysews said...

sorry you felt so bad...wishing you a speedy recovery

August 12, 2008 at 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com