Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Yesterday was closing day:

and this is our apartment right now-- a mess of boxes, some packed, some empty....but not enough room to put more packed boxes, paint chips, unwatched stuff from netflix (who knows when we'll have time!), and somebody's ticket for an illegal u-turn.



My day so far: Packing up cleaning supplies and a few tools, went to walmart for a step stool, bucket, dish soap, and hand soap...went to home depot for a bathroom faucet, went to menards for new locks.
My afternoon: Washing down all walls, cabinets, and anything else I can find, removing nails from walls, patching holes.
If I get that all done today, I figure I can go buy paint and get started on that tomorrow! :) Thursday morning is our ultrasound...then probably more painting...maybe more Friday..I've never painted before, so I'm not sure how long to expect it to take. Saturday I will probably be Jason's helper fixing small things, putting up smoke and CO detectors and such...Sunday I think is when our "first move" is going on...which is basically all of Jason's tools and workshop stuff from his Mom's basement + hand-me-down refridgerator, stove, dryer, dishwasher....and hopefully maybe get some of the boxes out of the apartment so that we actually have room to pack more. But if I can get ALL the painting done before we move anything in I'll be a happy camper.

4 Comments:

Blogger LivG said...

All I can say is, I DON'T ENVY YOU!!!

You have a lot of work ahead, but I am sure that it is all very exciting!

March 31, 2009 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Sounds like a lot of work but I'm sure it'll be kind of fun because it's a big first! I don't mind painting all that much. I can't wait to see finished products!

March 31, 2009 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

Holy cow, you are a busy bee!

March 31, 2009 at 8:03 PM  
Blogger Charin Adams said...

Don't wear yourself out, Mama! :)
You'll be so happy when you get moved into the new place and all settled in! :)

March 31, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com