Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I went to the Dr. this morning....

I had my glucose test, it really wasn't as awful as I thought it would be. I drank the sugary-sweet flat orange soda and went up for my 28 week appointment. Hannah's heartbeat is good, but when the Dr. measured my belly it was still measuring way too big...which I knew it would be...I found out in our class on Monday night that the line that goes up the middle of my belly actually shows how big my uterus it...and mine goes almost all the way up to the tip-top of my belly. So she's sending us to have a "growth check" ultrasound to make sure Hannah isn't HUGE, I'm guessing I just have extra amniotic fluid in there....but I don't mind seeing the babe again. :)

Oh...yeah...and I've gained my 20 pounds back. Heh.

Also...I ordered the fabric for the curtains in Hannah's room, and my Sweetie picked me up some paint chips the other night...I'm thinking of a blue-ish color in-between the two lightest colors on the chip for the walls. Since we close on the house on March 30th, and my birthday is the next weekend, I told Jason that all I want for my birthday is PAINT! (every room in the house is painted white) I can't wait to get started!

5 Comments:

Blogger LivG said...

I like what you've picked out! Have fun painting and good luck with the glucose test!

March 18, 2009 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

I know that whatever you do will look awesome! You have a talent for everything it seems like. That sounds a little scary with measuring so big, I'll be praying that everything is ok! Is it a problem if you do have too much fluid? And how do you like your class?

Take it easy with the painting, you know pregnant women aren't even supposed to be doing that kind of stuff, but I can understand you just wanting to get it done.

March 18, 2009 at 6:35 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Ooh! That'll be fun painting Hannah's room. I painted all of the livingroom and dining room when I was pregnant with Addison. I called the doc to check if it was okay and they said it's fine. Just try to keep air flowing through the room. I hope everything's okay with your belly being so big. You'll have to let us know how that goes.

March 18, 2009 at 7:28 PM  
Blogger Charin Adams said...

So glad you got that icky test behind you, I always hated those ;)
I hope everything turns out well with the growth check, maybe you're just further along than you thought? :) That would be a good surprise! :)

March 18, 2009 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger ttsjf said...

I have a friend that has measured big with her last two pregnancies. She is now going to a midwife for her third pregnancy and the midwife told her that her uterus is straight up and down instead of tilted back. So that is why she has measured big. It's a wonder that a MD didn't notice that and a midwife did. I painted while I was pregnant. It was good to feel big and productive.

March 27, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com