Monday, June 2, 2008

My love of old things...

My love of old things...much like my love of collecting things, I blame on my mother.



I love old furniture, old cars, old people, just do. They all have great stories and so much character.

I totally adore all the pretty old things in my mom's house. We have very different tastes in old things, but we both love them. She likes older flowery-er things...while I'm a fan of the 40s-50s-60s retro-kitchy stuff. I love my mother's taste and decorating style, it all looks wonderful in her house...that being said, my house will never look like hers.

I prefer things like aluminum Christmas trees, vintage cameras, key-wound robot toys, and bold colors and patterns to the softer colors and dainty patterns of my mother's collectibles. I do, however, have the beginnings of a collection of pretty, pink, flowery, glassware... :) so we will eventually see which side of the fence I end up on.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Haha! You're turning into mom!

June 2, 2008 at 6:05 PM  
Blogger MagenRanae said...

So many posts!! I was gone for a few days, and you've added lots!

June 6, 2008 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

That is a beautiful scrapbooking page that you made! I love your mom's house too.

June 7, 2008 at 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com