Friday, May 23, 2008

Re-Upholstery: step 5-finishing touches









I decided to just lump all the rest into one big blog post. :) After finishing the cushions all I had to do was put the back/sides and bottom back on. I stapled the piping along the edges of the arm and then used a tacking strip along the top of the back/arms for a clean edge. After I got the top connected I flipped the couch and stapled the fabric to the bottom...then all I had to do was the hand-stitching. That was the only really hard part of the whole thing...I could only do a few stitches at a time, because my fabric is a micro-suede, so it's really tightly woven and hard to push the needle through. I pinned the fronts of the arms how I wanted them and then stitched it right up. After finishing those I flipped it again and stapled the dust cloth back onto the bottom and voila! :) I am happy with the way it turned out...but kinda sad it's all over. I still have to do my throw pillows...but I feel like my big project is all finished and I have no challenge left! Oh well...I'll have to find another project! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Looks pretty awesome! Good job!

May 24, 2008 at 4:15 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

Dude, awesome! It looks great!

May 25, 2008 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

That looks wonderful, lady!

May 27, 2008 at 8:08 AM  
Blogger MagenRanae said...

Your so good at all your projects! Can't wait to see what you do next.

May 28, 2008 at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com