Sunday, June 1, 2008

An experiment in spending....

...or in not spending, as the case may be.

Jason and I are going to try for the entire month of June not to spend money on anything that isn't necessary. This means we're paying bills, buing groceries, and buying gas. We're not going to buy snacks or desserts or go out to eat or to any movies. I have GOT to quit perusing craigslist...there was TONS of great stuff on there for good prices today and I wanted it ALL!

Anyway...any bets on how many days I last? I am such a shop-a-holic, and I don't see this going well...I have a feeling I am going to be facing withdrawl symptoms in only a matter of days. Even today looking through ads in the Sunday paper was hard cause I have this thing where I like to spend money.

Hopefully I will not be posting failures anytime soon...I will be impressed with myself if I can last at least two weeks...and if I can make it for two weeks it will give me the confidence to last the rest of the month, I think...but watch out July! :)

6 Comments:

Blogger tsbjf said...

Dude, this would be so hard! I'll guess the whole month!

June 1, 2008 at 11:20 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

Although I would be totally proud of you if it was two weeks instead, that is still "uber" tough. Lol, Jenny's word just seemed so fitting there.

June 1, 2008 at 11:22 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Ya, I don't know if I could do this. I'm going to say you'll last 1 week. Nathan and I have an allowance every paycheck. We take fifty out for each of us. Sometimes that doesn't even seem like enough.

June 2, 2008 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger Charin Adams said...

Very cool! I hope you can last, it'll be hard, but man what determination!
I was flipping through a really cool book called "not buying it" at Elsie's, I need to buy it....kind of silly, huh? Given the title of the book :) But anyway, it's all about simplifying your life and not buying stuff that just clutters your life.
Let us know how you do! :) :)

June 2, 2008 at 12:30 PM  
Blogger Roehrman said...

Have fun! That used to be our life! Buying a fifty cent pop was really cool! Glad we have free $ now. But we also enjoy saving for "good stuff"

June 2, 2008 at 5:40 PM  
Blogger MagenRanae said...

That's great, Joyful! You can totally make it the whole month. IM me if you're feeling weak and I'll walk you away from the edge ;-)

June 2, 2008 at 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com