Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Re-Upholstery: step 4-cushion covers

When it came time to make new covers for the cushions, I cut one of the old ones apart carefully and laid the pieces out on my fabric and cut out new ones. I had to make a couple of adjustments at this time....I couldn't find zippers that were as long as the old ones, and I didn't want to use the old ones with the big metal teeth...or do new cut-to-size ones with big metal teeth...but I looked through the drawer of zippers at the JoAnns...even though the girl said all of the zippers they had had been put out just the night before...and found 2 36 inch zippers that worked pretty well.

:) This is where I stayed for a while, one-because I ran out of red thread, two-because I was a little scared. After I got started it wasn't nearly as scary as I thought I would be. I have learned that upholstery fabric can be very forgiving...so even though my sewing is not at a professional level...look how nicely that cushion cover turned out! :) It looks SO much better than the old one....even I was impressed with myself after I finished that! :) Now I just have to do that all over again. :) I love to see this couch coming together!





3 Comments:

Blogger MagenRanae said...

Way to go, Joyful!! :) You're SO close to being done!

April 29, 2008 at 7:26 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

That looks really good!

April 29, 2008 at 11:48 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Looks awesome!

April 30, 2008 at 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com