Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hyperspeed

I love my days off work becuse I get so much done....by the end of today (hopefully) I will have a clean apartment, some marathon training under my belt (heh), and at least 5 of 20 current projects finished. Sounds good, huh?

Wait, did she say marathon? Yes, that's right, Saturday night while watching the Olympics, I decided that I want to run a marathon. I am not a runner, I actually hate running, but those guys can run 26 miles in under 2 hours and 10 minutes, that means their average, OVER 26 MILES is less than 5 minutes per mile!! Does that seem nutty to anyone else??! Anyway, I found it inspiring, so at least for a couple of weeks I will entertain the notion that I could someday run a marathon! :)

Other than that the things I hope to accomplish today are: a wonderful little mini-book, a scrapbook layout inpired by a really great website, working on my TTV skills, working on designs for a stamp for a friend's catering business, and uploading the DT projects into the NEW gallery. :)

9 Comments:

Blogger MagenRanae said...

hehe...Did I miss the explanation of the photo?

August 27, 2008 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger BethJ said...

I, too, would love to run a marathon! It's a life goal of mine.

Did you finish your minibook and other projects you wanted to get done?

Can't wait to see the new gallery!
And yeah, what's the story behind the envelope?

August 27, 2008 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

hey, i want to sell my necklaces on Etsy, any tips? and why haven't you been commenting on my blogs?

August 27, 2008 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

Cool envelope! So how did your name end up on there? If you need any marathon training tips just ask Jeremy. Jeremy just reminded me of your goal to walk to Abilene, and he said that that is about the same distance as a marathon. Weren't you and I going to try and bike there sometime? We kind of wimped out, huh. And I will totally try and remember to e-mail you some pics!

August 27, 2008 at 7:10 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

good luck! I'm also entertaining thoughts of a marathon.

August 27, 2008 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger Kadee said...

I was inspired by the runners as well and found this guide to training for one... http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Programs/conservative_program.htm Check it out :-)

August 27, 2008 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

:) Thanks, Kadee, this is really helpful, I think I killed my legs trying to run too much today!

August 27, 2008 at 10:02 PM  
Blogger EliseBlaha said...

:)

August 28, 2008 at 5:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Here is another one. You should run in the 5k at the end of the year with us at work.

The link has different training programs. Some more aggressive than others.

http://www.halhigdon.com/

August 29, 2008 at 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com