Thursday, November 15, 2007

Goodbye to the 195 pound Joy.


I know that this picture is disgusting and scary, but it had to be shown. I never realize how fat I've gotten until I see pictures of myself, ugh. I have gained 45 pounds in the 27 months I've lived in Wisconsin, I guess that's what happens when you sit around on your butt all the time and snack too much.

I'm officially giving up the sitting around on my butt. I dropped $90 yesterday on a gym membership....so that I'll actually go work out. I went for the first time tonight, and it's starting to come back to me....the lovely feeling of having burned calories...something I obviously have avoided in the past 27 months. I should really have taken a clue when I gained 10 pounds in the first three months I was up here.

I've been really overweight before, I got up to 225 pounds by the end of my junior year in high school. Over the next 2 years I lost 75 pounds and maintained my 150 for about five years...telling myself I would never get that fat again. Now, only now, that I have almost managed to make it back up to 200 am I making any changes. Hopefully it's not just too little too late.....Hopefully I don't get pregnant and gain 50 pounds I'll never get rid of....Hopefully I'll stick to my plan of working out at least 5 days a week.

Work has been totally stressful for the past 3.5 weeks, and it's only going to get more stressful, so I figure working out will be a good stress reliever as well...sometimes I just need time after a long day at work to focus on something other than work. Anyway...I need your help...I will try to post weekly pictures and weights, and # of days I actually went to work out, and you guys have to keep me to it, bug me lots if I'm late or if I forget.

:) Thanks!
Joy.

4 Comments:

Blogger tsbjf said...

I think everyone gains weight after they get married, I know I did. But hey, you've decided to take action and work out, that's awesome! Remember when we'd go swim laps at the Y? That was so relaxing.

November 16, 2007 at 1:00 AM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Yea, I would totally work out if I had time, maybe after I finish school, oh, wait, I'm going to be in school forever!

November 17, 2007 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger MagenRanae said...

yay! Congrats on starting Joy! We can be weight loss budies. Can I link to this post on my blog next Friday?

November 18, 2007 at 11:32 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I totally know what that feels like now. I never had to lose any weight before I got pregnant and I gained way too much. I'm just gonna say that pilates and veggies were the best thing for me. Oh, and snacking often. I would eat a lot of zuchini, celery, carrots, salads, and watch how much I eat at dinner. For some reason night time is the worst time for me. I could just snack all night long. That's why it's good to snack on the right things. OOh, and pickles. mmmm!

November 21, 2007 at 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com