Monday, November 19, 2007

Blender Mishaps



Today I am going to be blogging about my domestic failures. If you do not wish to have your Martha Stewart-esque image of me tarnished (haha) please look at the pretty smoothies and read no farther.




Last week I went to make smoothies for my dear sweet husband and I. Usually I make them with the drinkmaster 5000, but my husband likes his smoothies smoooooth...as in...no little banana chuncks he can't suck through the straw. Fine, that's just dandy, so I put everything into the blender, blended it...and picked up the jar to poor it into glasses.

This is when I found out that I had somehow not assembled the blender jar correctly when the contents poured from the bottom all over the counter. For a few seconds I was stunned, having no idea what possibly could have gone wrong. Then I decided I should probably think a little quicker as the juicy concoction began to spill from the counter down my cabinet-fronts to the floor.

So we laughed a lot as we cleaned it all up and started over on our smoothies, thinking that we'd better get it right that time, as we were using our very last banana. Sigh.

I still feel a little silly about it...but I figure...everyone's had a bit of a blender mishap before, right? Tell me I'm right, please. If you do, maybe I'll share my next domestic failure with you as well.

:) Love you guys!
Joy.

5 Comments:

Blogger tsbjf said...

Domestic failures, they make the best stories!!! I have plenty! Ok, so the first that comes to mind is that I've accidently put in baking soda instead of baking powder on several occasions while baking. Needless to say, the end product quickly ended up in the trash.

November 19, 2007 at 11:32 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

Those smoothies look SO good! Do you guys have a recipe that you always use?

November 19, 2007 at 11:32 PM  
Blogger MagenRanae said...

Hehe...I've done sooooo much worse, dear Joyful! Maybe I'll also have to post about my failures...

November 20, 2007 at 6:23 PM  
Blogger Charin Adams said...

Oh, I think we've all done that before!! :) :) The smoothies look yummy. :)

November 21, 2007 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Um, I think Joanne and I had a super long conversation about a bunch of our failures. I think I have a few pictures somewhere I should find. One was that I was making pizza wrap thingies and I put the pizza sauce right on the dough and then piled everything else on top of it. When I went to roll them up the dough was so soggy it all just fell apart. I cooked it anyway and it was so disgusting! Those are the best things to laugh at!

November 21, 2007 at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com