Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hannah's room so far:

I've been waiting for so long to do the nursery...I got to work on it some on Monday, so here it is so far...I still have a few sewing projects, and I have to decide on the artwork for the walls...and I have to re-upholster the cair, but it will do for now:


Since the room has linoleum floors, pretty much the easiest thing to do was buy a 6x9 area carpet that covers most of the floor...we can decide on a more permanent flooring choice later. :)



The crib looks pretty bare right now...I hope to make the crib skirt this week...but I don't really want bumpers for now...we'll see if she starts moving around and getting limbs stuck between slats, but as I understand, when babies are little bumpers are pretty much just a SIDS risk.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Wow! I love the nursery! Looks like you have everything! I bet it feels good to have it done!

May 27, 2009 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger LivG said...

Everything looks great! You are stocked up!!! Love the retro look:)

May 27, 2009 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

Looks like you're ready for Hannah! I'm surprised she's been waiting so long; keeping us on our toes! I noticed you have 3 bouncy chairs. That will be nice, so that you can have them spread out throughout the house. And tons of diapers! LOVE her room, looks fabulous. The room color reminds me of my old room at my parents', only mine was a little darker. The chair and wall color really pick out the colors in the curtains, I love how everything goes together! What color are you thinking of going with on the chair?

May 28, 2009 at 3:54 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

And did you make the curtain for the closet, or did you find that somewhere? I really like it too.

May 28, 2009 at 3:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

...one of the chairs is actually a mesh bath chair. Ha ha...yeah, I sort of stocked up on diapers for a while, I bought one tiny package of NB diapers...cause I was not expecting to have a baby under 8 pounds...but bought them last week just in case she comes early! The closet color is a shade darker than the room, it might be closer to your room color. I was going to do the chair in the same fabric I did our couch in...mostly cause I have a bunch left over and it's the same as the flowers in the curtains...but now that the orange chair is in there I kinda like it that way....not all matchy-matchy, you know? The closet curtain is actually a fabric shower cutrain from target from the shabby chic stuff...I could only find it at one of like...6 targets that I looked at, though!

May 28, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com