Tuesday, May 19, 2009

36 weeks


Today was a little crazy!

I had an appointment to meet my new regular Dr. this morning, and she was wonderful, I'm really glad I'm switching...my old Dr. was kind of odd and would look at the floor the whole time she talked to you, and I would always go home not quite sure what the woman was saying.

Then I had lunch with my Sweetie before going to my 36 week OB appointment. I do my NSTs twice a week...and the nurse always calls Hannah her over-achiever, cause she always does exactly what she's supposed to...not so today. Hannah moved around and practiced her dancing ALL morning, and then after having lunch and emptying my bladder she settled in for a little nap....and didn't want to do anything! Usually we're on the monitor for 20-25 minutes TOPS and I get to go home. Since Hannah wouldn't cooperate the Dr. had to do an ultrasound to make sure she was practicing her breathing and to watch her move around a few times. She aslo did my GBS swab...and since I had my pants off anyway, she checked to see how things were progressing...for the last time before my due date. She was surprised to find that I was 3cm dialated and 80% effaced, and said that even though it didn't mean I would go right away...she would be around all weekend except Saturday morning when she was getting her hair cut. :) We'll see...I still think Hannah should hold out for at least Sunday when she will officially be full-term. (but I AM getting a little anxious for her to be here...even though I feel like there's still so much to get done!)

Since this all took so much longer than it was supposed to, I was late for my hair appointment, I called on my way over there, and they were wonderful enough to reschedule me for an hour later. One of the wonderful ladies Jason works with got me a gift certificate for a shampoo, cut, and style, I was so grateful...as it's been almost a YEAR since it was last cut. The girl who cut it was named Jenna, and she cuts hair a lot like Jenny does, so it was nice.

When I got out of there I found that my car had a flat tire. :( It's the first time I've ever had one. I called Jason and left him a message saying that I had a flat tire and would try to change it...he called me back a couple of minutes later and said that he would get there as soon as he could and NOT to change it. (I didn't really want to anyway, all I could picture was me trying to change a flat tire and my water breaking or something wonderful like that!) He he he. Well, turns out a nice man that lived right there saw me stranded with a flat and helped me out, and it's a good thing he did...cause my silly wheel was STUCK on there...he had to pound it off with a sledge hammer it was so stuck. So he changed the whole thing for me...I didn't have any cash on me, but I made sure to write down his name and address to send him a thank-you. By this time Jason had just made it to Kenosha and met me at Culvers for some food before we drove back to Oak Creek to drop my car off at our favorite Meineke and then he drove me home. Quite the day, huh?

So my picture up there is taken in Hannah's room, I put the first coat of paint on her walls yesterday, and will do the second tomorrow, I'm so excited, I am very happy with the color...when I just saw it on the paint chip I was afraid it would be too light, but I think it's perfect!

That's all for now, I think. Heh...my brain is a little fried, I didn't get a nap today!

5 Comments:

Blogger tsbjf said...

Oh wow, you had quite the day!!! I'm glad you didn't try and change the tire yourself!!! Glad everything is still going ok and that you have a good new doctor. You are pretty far along though as far as dilation & effacement go! Guess we'll see what happens--I'm so excited for you! And yay for the Good Samaritan! And for the hair certificate! This day sounded like it was full of highs and lows for you. I really really like the color you picked out for Hannah's room! Love you Joy!!!

May 19, 2009 at 10:36 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Crazy day! That's cool that the guy helped you out! Those are things that men are good for! Just like killing spiders! I bet you'll go soon. I really like the shirt in your preggo pic! Oh ya, does Hannah's room have a ceiling yet?

May 20, 2009 at 7:04 AM  
Blogger LivG said...

WOW! What a day! Sounds like things are really progressing! So exciting! Congrats on the haircut! Sorry about your car though. Thank the Lord for kind people to help out! I like the pain color! I am so glad that you like your new doctor. I think it makes a great difference!

May 20, 2009 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

hey what's the middle name? I can't remember!

May 20, 2009 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

Lynn

May 20, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com