Friday, May 22, 2009

Because my feet are swolen...

I'm taking a little break in the recliner to eat lunch and share a sewing project before going for my NST.

One of the ladies Jason works with handed us down a bunch of baby clothes and other things, one of those things being a bouncy chair....and since Tweety and Sylvester are not exacly my style, a make-over was definitely in order.
I spent less than $5 on this Heather Bailey fabric, and everything else I already had in my sewing stash (extra fabric for the backing, the batting, the thread)...or I used from the old cover (the clippies.)

I think it turned out pretty well, now all I need is a baby to put in it! :)

9 Comments:

Blogger LivG said...

You never cease to amaze me! I am so impressed by our talent! It looks like a brand new and expensive bouncy seat that you could buy at a baby boutique!

May 22, 2009 at 2:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

That's awesome! Good job! I think I can handle simple sewing projects but I don't know about something like that. Maybe I should take a sewing class. That would be fun! It would have to be in a few years when the kids are in school though.

May 22, 2009 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I just noticed the title says because my feet are swolen! I hated swolen feet! So uncomfortable!

May 22, 2009 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah...Tuesday I broke down and bought a pair of men's flip-flops to wear for the remainder of pregnancy...cause stuffing my little sausage feet into my regular shoes just wasn't pretty!

May 22, 2009 at 8:38 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

haha! The day before I had the amnio done was when my feet were SERIOUSLY swolen for the first time with Addison. My feet and ankles were absolutely HUGE! It's a good thing that the first time I noticed was at the docs because I freaked and thought there was something wrong. It was that bad!

May 23, 2009 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Kadee said...

That is super cute and I love the fabric!

May 23, 2009 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

Dude, you can do everything!!! Looks fabulous! Hannah will love it :) .

May 23, 2009 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

that is so cute. I am planning on sending Hannah's hats with mom and dad when they visit.

May 24, 2009 at 3:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooo, thanks, Jillian, can't wait to see them!

May 24, 2009 at 4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com