Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Broadway Paper

I complain about living in Wisconsin. As a Kansas girl, it is just too cold here for me. If it wasn't for crazy long and snowy winters, Oak Creek would be a great place to live. It's wonderful and quiet, but close enough to Milwaukee that we can take a little afternoon trip downtown and go to Broadway Paper and Rubin's Furniture.

Sunday afternoon we went to Broadway Paper and they had some truly wonderful calendars.

This one by Snow & Graham is wonderful because their designs are carried to the back of the cards, so that you can frame them after the month is over, I would probably just put them all together and make a minibook of monthly baby pictures, though, since I have a niece coming in December, and another niece or nephew coming in January! :)

This was my favorite calendar, though. It is by Night Owl Paper Goods, and all made of woods and is just beautiful!
I was inspired by the wood calendar to make a little minibook with wood veneer covers. I'm still not entirely sure what I'll be doing with it, but it is super cute, easy to make, and the inside is filled with all my favorite blue and green scrap papers. I used chalk ink to stamp on the wood veneer, other inks seemed to soak in more and weren't as vibrant.

3 Comments:

Blogger MagenRanae said...

Very cute Joy!! I can't wait to see those two stores when we come to visit you!

September 17, 2008 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

Pretty pretty! As I've said before, I like your taste :) .

September 18, 2008 at 1:30 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

hey joy! i loooove my new stamps and can't wait to get busy...thanks for sending them out so quickly. i was so excited that they made it here so fast! i'll let ya know when i get some stuff done with them. (-;

September 18, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com