Friday, September 5, 2008

Please pray for my Grandma:

Last Friday morning my mom called me witht he news that my grandma, Gloria Martin, down in Texas, was in the hospital. During the night someone or someones broke into her home and attacked her and brutally beat her and took her car and her purse. She was able somehow at 4:50 in the morning to call 911 even though she couldn't see and many of her fingers had been broken. She had to be flown to the hospital, where she is still in intensive care. She's had surgeries on her hands and the wounds on her scalp, but they have to wait for an infection to clear up before they can operate on her face. She is on a ventilator, and her face is majorly swolen, but she seems to try to respond when family members are talking to her.

I can't even imagine what kind of person or people could do something so terrible and senseless, and I've been having a hard time dealing with how God could let something like this happen. I've always been a strong believer (through others' trials) that God is ALWAYS in control and that everything has a reason...but this, I can't help but feel, is purely evil.

Proverbs 3:5- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Even though I don't understand it, I'm trying to trust, and not to let satan get his thoughts into my head, because God is good, ALL THE TIME.

So...I still have things from LAST Friday's to-do list that need to be done....when I'm at work or with other people I do better at focusing on other things but when I'm all alone I'm constantly thinking and worrying about my mom and her brother, and pretty much all of my energy and creativity is gone. Please pray for my grandma, for my mom, and especially for my uncle John and his family, they live down in Texas near my Grandma, and need extra strength to deal with everything. Thanks a bunch.

10 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

I sneaked on to your blog from Charins and I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma....I will be praying for her and your family. Yes it is hard to understand these things sometimes. The devil comes to kill, steal and destroy and he definately enjoys his work but God is much bigger and is able to see us through even the toughest situations. He has seen our family through a very tough week and we are rejoicing today because God has heard and answered our prayers.

September 5, 2008 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger Allette said...

Wow, Joy. (I just happen to live in Texas) What is your Grandma's first name. You are right with your claiming the Scriptures and opposing Satan's attack. Hang in there. The biggest thing you can do is what you're already doing- praying. I am so sorry that this happened to her.

I will definitely be praying for her and you and your family.

Allette

September 5, 2008 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger Allette said...

Wow, Joy. (I just happen to live in Texas) What is your Grandma's first name. You are right with your claiming the Scriptures and opposing Satan's attack. Hang in there. The biggest thing you can do is what you're already doing- praying. I am so sorry that this happened to her.

I will definitely be praying for her and you and your family.

Allette

September 5, 2008 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger EliseBlaha said...

oh my.
i am so sorry.
how horrible.
peace and prayers to your family.

September 5, 2008 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Kadee said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma, and I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with what happened. I agree that what happened is purely evil...but one thing that God has given us is agency and as children of God we are here on earth as a test...and we have our own agency and those people chose to do something horrible. It is so unfortunate that your Grandma had to endure this trial. I will keep her and you in my prayers. The Lord will comfort you. :-)

September 5, 2008 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger LivG said...

I am so sorry about your grandma and I will keep her in my prayers as well as the rest of the family.

September 5, 2008 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

I know what you mean about constantly thinking about your grandma's situation! I have definitely been in the same boat. Especially that first weekend, just trying to get my mind around the fact that this actually happened, because it seems so unreal.

September 7, 2008 at 8:02 PM  
Blogger Charin Adams said...

Oh Joy, I'm so sorry that happened!
I will be saying prayers for her to have a speedy recovery.

September 8, 2008 at 3:13 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

That's just horrible Joy! I am even now praying for your grandmother...and I'm reminded of my Bible study of God's names. The name I'm studying this week is El Elyon...God Most High...God is sovereign over EVERYTHING. Even this attack on your grandmother. God not only "lets" bad things happen, sometimes he causes them... ( Isaiah 45:6-7 I am the Lord, and there is no other, the One forming light and creating darkness, causing well-being and CREATING CALAMITY; I am the Lord who does all things.") It should be a comfort to us to know that a God who LOVES US (who loves your Grandmother) is sovereign over this attack. Praying for faith for you and healing for your grandmother.

September 8, 2008 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I'm SO sorry to hear about your Grandmother, Joy. How can people be so cruel??! So hard to understand. I'll keep her (and the whole family) in my prayers. Hang in there!

September 8, 2008 at 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com