Sunday, June 15, 2008

Spending Update: Day 15

This isn't so much a spending update as an opinion update on the "Not Buying It" book.....mostly because I haven't been spending. I'm actually getting used to it...and feeling like getting rid of stuff instead of getting new stuff...odd, huh?

Back to the book....ugh. I like either to read books to learn new things, or for a good story. Any book I remember reading in the past few years has been of the educational or semi-educational variety. That, pretty much is what I expected from this book...I expected to learn how to live more frugally.

This book is just a bitter liberal woman's political ramblings....and the only reason I continue to read it is to see how upset it makes her that Bush won the 2004 election.

I don't think Bush is a GREAT president....but he IS our president and I think that people should show him more respect than they do. Also....It makes me very sad to think that even though our (probable) next president might end the war and improve the American economy, he will probably also kill millions more babies....that, to me, is a tragedy far greater than this war or expensive gas.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

word

June 15, 2008 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

Ah, Jenny took my exact response!

June 18, 2008 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger Charin Adams said...

Amen, sister!
I think I'm glad I didn't get very far in the book! :)

June 18, 2008 at 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com