Monday, April 21, 2008

Re-Upholstery: step 3

The next step is to pull everything through and around, pull it tight and staple it. The arms were probably the hardest part so far...trying to get everything pulled right without too much puckering and too many folds. This is the first arm I did, which surprisingly, actually went a lot easier than the second....by the time I finished fighting with the second arm I had given in to the knowledge that it's not all going to be perfect...but I'm ok with that. :) It's after this step that it starts looking really good...it looks like a finished couch if you just look at it staight on.

Oh yeah! I also removed all the staples from one side on the bottom to fix that gap I had in the middle, hooray!

I still have to put the backside and outside of the arms on, and I have to do my cushions. My plans for today are to finish my curtains and hopefully to start on my cushion covers. I think the cushions will be the most difficult part because they involve actual sewing, which requires a little more precision than just pulling and stapling.



2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Wow! You did an awesome job! It looks really good! Does Jason like the pink couch?

April 21, 2008 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

I have to say that I am really impressed--it's looking good! You've got talent yo. Hey, did I ever tell you that my grandma Hazel used to do upholstery as a job? This was before she got married, and I think she lived in KC when she did that. She reuphostered her dining room chairs a few years ago and that's when she told me that bit of info.

April 22, 2008 at 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com