Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Spending Update: Day 25


This week I read Smart Couples Finish Rich by David Bach. It was good, but it was mostly about investing....I would like to read this one again once we're finished with our debt snowball and we can begin investing. He does have a helpful chapter at the end about how to get a 10% raise every year. If you think about it...most raises that we get are about 3-4%....which doesn't even keep up with inflation! Crazy, huh?

A lot more than I've noticed having more money this month....(cause we spent a bunch on Jason's dress clothes and new contacts and glasses...AND I worked a lot less)...I've noticed having a lot more time.....I mean...how many books have I read this month? how many hours have I spent at the gym? how much scrapbooking have I done? I think the only thing I've done less of is crafty projects...because I haven't been able to spend money on them. We're looking forward to going out for burgers July 1st...and to seeing a movie right away...but I think I'm going to try to shop less still and keep reading books and going to the gym more.

That being said...I'll need something else to read about next month...this month was devoted to finances, what should next month be? suggestions, anyone?

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Biography month!

June 25, 2008 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

ooh! Romance Novels!

June 25, 2008 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

Cooking!

June 26, 2008 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger MagenRanae said...

I'm with Rachel. Biographies sound really fun!

July 5, 2008 at 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com