Friday, April 4, 2008

My couch....

We decided to buy a cheap couch and try to re-upholster it. I was a little wary at first, but after reading a bunch of stuff online and finding this "so simple upholstery" book at the half price books store I'm pretty confident. I'm pretty crafty anyway, and love to learn how to do new things, so I'm really excited about it. I ordered a cherry red microfiber fabric yesterday, and a really fun floral accent fabric for pillows and curtains and stuff. :) I can't wait to start learning.



I have to admit something....over the past several weeks I have become a HGTV junkie. It makes me want a house of my own to decorate SO badly. I love all the fun decorating stuff that's available for pretty decent prices. I can't wait to live in a place where I can paint all my walls whatever colors I want! :)

Also...since I have to work tomorrow on my birthday, we're celebrating today! I got to open my presents this morning before Jason went to work. He got me a photo printer, and I played with it a little, and it's way fun. It prints both 4x6 and 5x7 sizes and has a large touch screeen, way fun!

Also, thanks Joanne for the bracelet! :) It's so pretty! I can't wait to wear it somewhere.

5 Comments:

Blogger MagenRanae said...

So fun, Joy! I'm also an HGTV addict! And, I have a house to decorate, that has remained completely undecorated! Maybe you should come and help me!

Also, I wanted to see a picture of the bracelet!

April 4, 2008 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I'm sure that couch will look amazing! You never cease to amaze me with your crazy craft skills!

April 4, 2008 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger Charin Adams said...

Your couch will look so cute! :)
I love watching home shows, Trading Spaces is my favorite :)
Have a Happy Birthday! :)

April 4, 2008 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Wow! I think you must have just posted this a little bit ago and you already have three (going to be four) comments. I hope your couch turns out good. Maybe you could do that chair too. Have a happy bday tomorrow! Oh, and remember I have your present but you have to wait till May 1st to get it!

April 4, 2008 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

That is a way cool photo printer! I need to e-mail you some more Hayley pictures since I haven't done that in awhile. I think your couch will be a good project for you. You are very crafty! I think it runs in your family, you are all very creative.

We watch HGTV a lot too. A lot of House Hunters, and I really like Divine Design, I love C.O.'s sense of style! And there are a lot of other shows on there that we watch every once in awhile too.

I should have checked your blog before calling you to know that you were going to be at work. Sorry yo! Hope you have a good day.

April 5, 2008 at 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com