Monday, March 17, 2008

Broken-hearted Celebration.

First I wanted to share a couple of layouts that I've done with Rachel's beautimus engagement photos. Purple and black are her wedding colors, that's why I did all the purple with the black and white photos. Sorry that the immages are a little blurry, I didn't have ideal lighting conditions for photographing the layouts, so they're a little blurry.





Next I have to share with you my broken heart. :( To celebrate 6 months in our apartment, (we always find something to celebrate!) we were going to go order my pink couch. I saved up my $1000, and I was SO excited to finally order it! We went to the furniture store, spent about half an hour deciding on a fabric for our pillows, cause we wanted them not only to match the pink of the couch, but the orange of the chairs we have. We found a really cute polka-dot fabric that was brown with orange, pink, red, and yellow polka-dots, and the lady that was helping us was putting the order into the computer.

Then, gosh. It was terrible...she said that fabric that we had chosen for the couch had been discontinued! That perfect raspberry chenille that worked beautifully with our orange was no longer available. :( We looked at other fabrics in similar colors, but they were all so flat in comparison to the one we had chosen before. Then we decided to maybe go with a completely different color scheme...but I just wasn't sure how it would go with our orange. All I wanted to do was cry. After looking over our possibilities we finally just decided to let it settle and come back another day when I wasn't so heart-broken.

Jason took me to ColdStone and bought me ice cream, then we came home and I just laid in bed and cried, and then we went to see 27 Dresses at the Value Cinema, then to the grocery store, then got some fattening fast food, went home, ate, watched Mythbusters and fell asleep. It may seem like such a little thing to get so upset about, but I had been looking forward to this day for like, two months. I still don't know what I want to do about it, and I still feel so very let-down. If you have any ideas of a color that would go well with a bright orange, let me know!

I hope you all are having a better week than I am.
Joy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

I would say green, red, or maybe even purple. That sucks about the couch. I know how it feels to get really disappointed like that.

March 17, 2008 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger Charin Adams said...

Aww! I'm sorry that didn't work out for you :( Hang in there though, you'll just find something cuter :)

March 17, 2008 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Aw, I'm sorry, friend!

I like the pages you did, though!

March 18, 2008 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

Dude, that is so not cool about them discountinuing your raspberry chenille!!!! You should get the company's phone number and see if they have just enough left to do your couch...fight to the finish. You should post a picture of your orange chair so we can get a feel for the color.

March 18, 2008 at 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com