Sunday, July 13, 2008

Helpful Emails From My Grandma....


I love desserts, I love to eat them and I LOVE to make them. When my grandma sent me the recipe for this no-bake fruit cheesecake tart, I had to try it. It is super simple, and since it's no-bake, it's really hard to screw up! :)

FRUIT CHEESECAKE TART (Unbaked)
Crust;
1 1/4 cups finely crushed Vanilla Wafers (about 45}
1 stick butter, cut into pieces
Break wafers into workbowl of food processor, with metal blade at the bottom of the bowl. Add the butter pieces. Run machine until the wafer crumbs and butter form clumps.
Empty clumps into a 9" tart pan (Pan with low sides & removable bottom). Press onto bottom and up side of pan. Place pan in freezer while preparing filling. ( I didn't have a tart pan...I just used a plain old springform and it worked fine.)
Filling;
1 Package Original Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 cup COOL WHIP Topping, thawed
2 cups mixed fruit*
3/4 cup boiling water
1 4 oz. pkg Lemon flavored Gelatin
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 cup ice cubes
Wipe out the work bowl used to make the crust with a paper towel. Cut cream cheese into chunks, and put in workbowl, with metal blade. Run machine until cream cheese is smooth. Scrape bowl to get the cream cheese into the bottom of the bowl, evenly. Add the COOL WHIP. Pulse until the COOL WHIP and Cream Cheese are combined. Do not over mix. Spoon into crust and spread out.
Arrange fruit over the cream cheese filling. Cover and refrigerate.
Put gelatin in bottom of a small mixing bowl and add the sugar. Stir. Add the boiling water and stir until disolved. Add ice cubes and stir again until the ice is completely melted. Refrigerate about 15 minutes, or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites.) Spoon gently over the fruit in the tart pan.
Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
*Fruit ideas: Use at least two kinds. Unpeeled and sliced Nectarines; Peeled and sliced Mango; Raspberries; Sliced Strawberries; peeled and sliced Kiwi.

Then, the other day after reading my blog post about my dream job, she emailed telling me about the Summer that she worked in a furniture/paint/wallpaper store and helped advise people on decorating, and she was offered a job with a builder decorating their show homes. That is a job that I would LOVE! It's funny that I didn't think of anything like that...since I've spent most of the past week on different builders' websites looking at their homes! I have a terrible fascination with floor plans...this one is my current ideal floorplan....


I like this one because there is a room and a full bath on the ground floor, which would be really handy for when my parents are too old to take care of themselves (sorry mom and dad!) since older people don't generally do too well with lots of stairs. Also, it can be used as a guest bedroom until then. I also really like the large loft area on the upper level, I think that it would be a great crafting/office/computer area where everyone can hang out together, mostly cause I don't want my kids using computers in their own rooms, only where I can see exactly what they're doing...what can I say, I don't even have kids yet and I'm paranoid already. Also...what's not to love, it's HUGE! It would probably be a pain in the butt to have to clean a 3000 sq. ft. house when there's only two of us living there....but there's something to be said for buing a house and staying in it for a LONG time...since I HATE packing up and moving.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

That cheesecake looks awesome! I'm totally trying it! So, you're volunteering to take care of mom and dad huh? That floor plan does look awesome. Although, I told Nathan that I don't really want a big house where you don't use all the rooms.

July 13, 2008 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

That tart looks beautiful! I love all the colors in it. And that would be really cool to be able to decorate model homes! I bet that would allow for a lot of freedom.

July 15, 2008 at 12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com