Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dream Jobs and Other Ramblings....

I need to go to the grocery store...but I'm waiting for like....100 photos to upload to Winkflash right now. (thanks for the pictures, Joanne!)

I've been thinking about dream jobs. You know what I wanted to be when I was in the sixth grade? An interior decorator. My favorite thing to do was to put together those little rooms inside of shoe boxes. I love fabric and furniture and pretty things, and I love putting them all together. I love decorating, but I'm not sure I would like it as a job.

My sweetie so often comes home from work bummed because he MUST be creative for his work....he does an awesome job....and then the client comes along and messes everything up. It's a hard thing to have to design for someone else...who knows exactly what they want...but don't know how to tell you what it is that they want...or even worse, they know what they want...and it SUCKS.

I would hate that...to design a room, put my heart into it, only to have it torn apart.

Sometimes I think I might like to go back to school and take some interior design classes....but I don't know if it would be my dream anymore after it happens...you know? I just don't know if I would even enjoy designing for someone else. BUT then I got to thinking...what would REALLY be my dream job is to like.....style rooms for a magazine or for a store or something...that's got to be a job, right? But it would have to be something where....I get to do whatever I want...and no one could change it. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

That would be hard to have someone change what you created!

July 9, 2008 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger MagenRanae said...

:) That's a pretty demanding dream!! I say go for it!

July 9, 2008 at 9:47 PM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

I think you would be really good at it because you are very talented! From watching HGTV, I think a lot of peoples' problem is that they can't visualize the end product like the designer can, and so they start freaking out. Or like you said, they can't accurately describe to the designer what they want. There is a guy at our church who designs logos for companies, and he's in the same boat as Jason. That would be so frustrating! I think taking classes on it would be fun for you. It would at least give you a better idea about whether you'd enjoy doing it for a job or not, cause you'd probably have projects and stuff. Dude, you know what would be totally awesome?! Is if you could get on Design Star! Then you could win and have your own show on HGTV, wouldn't that be the bomb.

July 9, 2008 at 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Write to me at: joy@AppleBlossomStudio.com